Yes, I literally made something from scratch and by that….I mean, I made the Alfredo and didn’t buy it in a can from the store lol.
I was literally stuck between making an Alfredo dish or my lasagna pasta dish and my family voted for Alfredo. Go figure lol I’ve actually made Alfredo from scratch before, but it was just enough for myself and I didn’t feel like use actual milk again because pouring milk into a hot pan literally freaks me out o.O lol
But let’s get real. You’re here for the recipe so here goes!
- 1 very large Chicken boob (the one I used was HUGE lol) or however much chicken you would prefer
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- 1-1/2 C non dairy milk (I used Simple Truth unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 TBSP of vegatable oil
- 12 oz box of fettucine
- Garlic pepper seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cut up your chicken boob and cook. Put to the side.
- Add oil into a pot (you will want the pot big enough to cook the noodles in, as well as tall enough to hold two cans of chicken broth).
- Let the oil heat up while adding in garlic pepper seasoning, parsely, and red pepper flakes. I mostly just eyeballed it and added it according to my preferences.
- Add in the chicken broth, non-dairy milk and slightly stir.
- Add in the fettucine. Unless desired, do not break it. Just let it sit in the pan until it softens enough to fit into the pain.
- While the pasta cooks, you can go ahead and cook your broccoli cuts.
- Let cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the sauce has started to thickening, add in the chicken and broccoli cuts. If you like it a little more on the liquidy side, just add more “milk” until the desired consistency.
- Once the pasta and sauce is to your desired consistency, add in the chicken and broccoli cuts and stir.
- Finally, serve and then enjoy!