So I’ve been wanting to try something new since both and I my roommate have been making the same dishes repeatedly. I ended up searching pinterest and found several recipes for homemade Alfredo and decided to use their tips and tricks and make it myself!
About 1/8 C butter
About 1/8 C flour (I used all-purpose)
1 C of milk (I used 2% since that all that I had)
Roughly 1/4 C of parmesan cheese (I just sprinkled it in without measuring until I thought it was right for me)
2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
About 1 C of spinach (finely chopped)
1 Tbsp of pesto
1/3 of a box of spaghetti (my box was the 16oz box)- you may use fettuccine, but I only had spaghetti
To make the sauce:
- Put the butter in a saucepan and let melt.
- Slowly add in the flour and stir, until it is smooth.
- Add in the milk and stir constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Then add in spinach and pesto and stir until fully combined.
To assemble the entire dish:
- Before starting the sauce, cook the pasta and chicken.
- Place the pasta and chicken into a large bowl.
- Then make your sauce and once it is done, pout it on top of your pasta and chicken.
- Mix (if desired).
- ENJOY! 😀