This is probably one of my favorite pasta recipes that my roommate and I make. She introduced me to it….and I was hooked!
1 lb of Rotini noodles
Roughly 2 decent sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
1 Jar of Marinara sauce ( I usually use Kroger brand “6 Cheese” sauce)
1 Jar of Alfredo sauce (Usually use Kroger brand “roasted garlic” sauce)
1 Can of peas
1 Tbspn of oil (I usually just use olive oil)
1 Tbspn of red pepper flakes
- Pour the 1 Tbspn of oil into a skillet along with the red pepper flake. (My roommate usually adds in garlic as well, but I never do since I don’t taste it at all).
- Saute for a few minutes and then add in the chicken and cook until done.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the pasta accordingly.
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, reduce the heat and empty the entire marinara jar into skillet followed by the Alfredo sauce. Stir until the two sauces are completely combined. (It should look similar to the picture below)
- Drain the peas and then add them into the skillet with the sauces and chicken.
- Let them simmer for a few minutes.
- Then add in your rotini noodles and stir them so that the noodles are covered with the sauce mixture.
- I usually let it set for about 5-10 minutes to ensure that the entire skillet is warm.
- ENJOY! 🙂